Laser Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids ( or Piles ) are dilated veins in the anus, they look like abnormal lumps , they cause one of three common symptom : Pain , bleeding or repeated Inflammatory attacks and prolapse.
What is the ”Advanced hemorrhoids laser treatment”
- Hemorrhoids are not created equal, some are pure internal (usually bleed without pain or repeatedly prolapse after each bowel movement and go back up by themselves or by a little push by the patient’s fingers), some are pure external hemorrhoids which can develop blood clot in them after prolonged sitting and cause severe pain necessitating urgent intervention, and some are mixed.
- Most hemorrhoids are mixed type and advanced in stage by the time patient seeks medical help.
- We utilize several laser based methods to treat different stages/types of hemorrhoids, 85% of the Hemorrhoids we treat are completed within less than 5 minutes, the treatment involves no cutting or removal of any tissue, but simply laser surface application or EndoLaser ablation of the Hemorrhoids. This Laser Hemorrhoids treatment represents the single best advance that occurred in Hemorrhoids treatment during the last decade. It is easy, painless , fast and very effective with permanent results, all patients can return to work and their normal daily activities on the same day of their treatment.
- 15% of Hemorrhoids cases are so advanced by the time the patients present to us that they require actual laser removal of the hemorrhoid ( again , this is done only in very advanced cases ) , the procedure takes only 10 minutes, it is done in a painless fashion (combination of local anesthesia and some sedation), it involves using the laser to remove the hemorrhoidal tissues, no stitches or packings are necessary and all patients are up and running immediately after their treatments, they can return to their work and daily activities the next day.
- After your treatment, the nurse will go over few instructions and you will be given a prescription for few medications and an appointment for a postoperative check up few days later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is laser hemorrhoid treatment painful after during recovery ?
Most laser hemorrhoid treatments are painless, it is only when we have to do ‘’laser hemorrhoids removal” that you have some mild pain during bowel movement which is estimated to be 30% of conventional surgery pain i.e. 70% less than conventional surgery pain, and which we manage by prescribing pain killers and local numbing creams.
Do hemorrhoids come back after treatment?
In spite of this common belief, most treated hemorrhoids conditions do not come back, patient can develop new hemorrhoids even after removal of their initial hemorrhoid but this is rare.
What causes my hemorrhoids to start with?
Heredity is the main cause, it is in the patient’s genes and no one can change this.
Constipations and long sitting and even heavy lifting and coughing can make hemorrhoid develop faster, but only in those who have the inherited predisposition.
What are the advantage of VCC laser treatments of hemorrhoids compared to other methods?
Most cases are completed in 10 minutes or less, patient is up and running immediately after treatment.
Simple local anesthesia with mild sedative, no general anesthesia or hospitalization.
There is no pain at all during recovery after most Laser Hemorrhoids treatments , it is only after the few cases of actual laser removal of advanced stage Hemorrhoids that patients may have experience mild pain during bowel movement which we prevent by giving them prescription for pain medications.
The incidence of postoperative complications (infection, bleeding, stricture, rectal incontinence) is much less than conventional surgery.
No stitches are used and no traditional painful packing to remove after surgery .
The laser cauterizes all nerve endings therefore wounds themselves are painless.
Advantages of VCC laser treatment of Hemorrhoids are plenty and obvious :
- It is completed in few minutes with simple local anesthesia and no pain
- No thorny stitches, no painful packings
- No painful recovery and much less complications
- No hospitalization and much faster return to work and normal daily activities
Unfortunately, many patients ( and even many Doctors ) who are not aware or familiar with these important advances in Hemorrhoids management delay their treatment for fear of pain or embarrassment , we encourage you to seek consultation early on with one of our specialists VeinCure Surgeons , you will be surprised how easy and smooth your treatment and cure can be achieved.