Hemorrhoids ( or Piles ) are dilated veins in the anus, they look like abnormal lumps , they cause one of three common symptom : Pain , bleeding or repeated Inflammatory attacks and prolapse.
What is the ” Advanced hemorrhoids laser treatment ”
- Hemorrhoids are not created equal, some are pure internal (usually bleed without pain or repeatedly prolapse after each bowel movement and go back up by themselves or by a little push by the patient’s fingers), some are pure external hemorrhoids which can develop blood clot in them after prolonged sitting and cause severe pain necessitating urgent intervention, and some are mixed.
- Most hemorrhoids are mixed type and advanced in stage by the time patient seeks medical help.
- We utilize several laser based methods to treat different stages/types of hemorrhoids, some of these methods involve actual laser removal of the hemorrhoid ( used in advanced cases ) and some involve only laser application through a small lit scope, in both scenarios the procedure takes only few minutes, it is done in a nearly painless fashion (combination of local anesthesia and some sedation) and most patients are up and running immediately after their treatments.
- After your treatment, the nurse will go over few instructions and you will be given a prescription for few medications and an appointment for a postoperative check up few days later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is laser hemorrhoid treatment painful after during recovery ?
Most laser hemorrhoid treatments are painless, it is only when we have to do ‘’laser hemorrhoid removal” that you have some mild pain during bowel movement which is estimated to be 30% of conventional surgery pain and which we manage with pain killers and local numbing creams.
Do hemorrhoid come back after treatment?
In spite of this common belief, most treated hemorrhoid conditions do not come back, patient can develop new hemorrhoids even after removal of their initial hemorrhoid but this is rare.
What causes my hemorrhoids to start with?
Heredity is the main cause, it is in the patient’s genes and no one can change this.
Constipations and long sitting and even heavy lifting and coughing can make hemorrhoid develop faster, but only in those who have the inherited predisposition.
What are the advantage of VCC laser treatments of hemorrhoids compared to other methods?
Most cases are completed in 15 minutes or less, patient is up and running immediately after treatment.
Simple local anesthesia with mild sedative, no general anesthesia or hospitalization.
Postoperative pain is estimated to be 30% of traditional surgery pain.
The incident of postoperative complications (infection, bleeding, stricture, rectal incontinence) is much less than conventional surgery.
No stitches are used and traditional painful packing to remove after surgery .
The laser cauterizes all nerve endings therefore wounds themselves are painless.
Advantages of VCC laser treatment of Hemorrhoids are
- Simple local anesthesia no thorny stitches no painful packing less pain
- less complications with faster return to normal daily activities